CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

My Music Video

Friday 17 September 2010

Music Tracks

To make my music video there were many different genres which I could look into inorder to choose one song. I broke the choice down by choosig a genre and looking through the range of songs in that genre. However, I had to take into consideration when the song was released and the video. I firstly looked into Dance/Pop genre to create a fast editing and the use of effects to create my video.
The first song was The Ting Tings - Thats Not My Name, as its a fast upbeat song with a rather unpopular video which isn't well known. There could be potenially a lot of fast changes and quick editing to match the lyrics and the beat of the song. There is a very strong beat to the sog which will help to make the changes easily to match.

The next song I considered was Cascada - Everytimg we touch, this is an extremely up beat sog whish is also quite old. Furthermore, the video isn't very popular either, but the song is very popular and well known. It would be more difficult to get permission because of copy right issues. But this is a upbeat fast tempo and I would be able to make a performance video.

I then decided to vary my genre, and I then looked at Shontelle - T-shirt, this is a slow R&B song and the aim of this video is to portray the emotion. There would be slow changes but the lyrics help to create different shots and key moments for key shots. This video would be performance with slower changes and less affects and would be about getting the emotion of the song across to the target audience.

Another slow pop song I looked at is
Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me, this song is very emotional but it wouldn't be a good song to do because the video is a narrative video and is well known. It would be inappropriate to do this song as the lyrics are quite important. But I really love the song and I think its important to like the song so that you are commited to making the best video you can.

To look for an original song, I used BBC live lounge which is where other artist do there own version of other peoples song. We found many different songs such as
The Saturdays - Beggin, Lily Allen - Naive, Example - Tik Tok and Dizzee Rascal - Thats not my name. But then I came across the song which I have decided to use Jamelia - Numb, this is an R&B artist covering an Indie song. Its slow and requires imagination as it is a hybrid of genres of music allowing us to be more creative. Furthermore there isn't a video to this version of the song and it would be easier to ask permission. Also this is one of my favourite songs and this means that I am passionate about wanting to pursue this song as my music video.

0 comments: