CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

My Music Video

Monday 6 September 2010

My Favourite Music Videos

Eminem ft Rihanna - Love the Way you Love
This video is currently my favourite video because I think it is a very powerful video as I feel that Sanaa Hamri (director) quote "A video is one that makes the song go from good to great" is perfect for this song.
It is a hybrid video with the genres performance, story and part gag. The video has performances of Eminem in a field o his own, and the video and lyrics combine together to tell a story between Dominic Monaghan and Megan Fox, whom portray a couple i a love hate relatioship. It interwines with happier times and also sad and angry times which further presents the audience with an insight to their story.
Here is an image where 'Gag' is used in the video because she is holding fire. This is the first momet which we see fire with Megan Fox and she seems sad and is representing a sad and lost woman. As Rihanna sings "I like the way it hurts" this image comes up and I think it is a powerful beginning to the video. However at the end she puts the fire and instead we see her whole body on fire along with Eminem and Dominic Monaghan on fire. They all look scared and it ties in with the lyrics and the chorous it links together and I think that the visuals at the end match in harmony with the song; thus creating a story as well.

There is a range of violence in this video and I feel that its illustarted well from both the female and male and the amount of violence links to the lyrics and in my opinion I feel that it creates a better atmosphere for the video.

I think that the video creates a atmosphere for the song with symbolises a point of view and I think it can be interpreted in a range of ways. As part of the audience the response which I get is the wating to watch it again and again. It presents an opinion which I think is relatable to people in different people in situations. I feel that it pulls on the heart strings and it highlights the passion and hate in relationships. This is my favourite image in the video because it pictures all the emotions. With the fire showing anger, hatred and threatening. The love is shown as they are together and will stand together through it all.

0 comments: