CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

My Music Video

Tuesday 9 November 2010

Indie Album Covers Research

While looking at these artist, it would't apply directly to my song and album. Although I have a female solo artist, it doesn't account for the music genre. As I am releasing a Indie Album my album cover needs appeal to the target audience. Therefore, looking at relevent artists would be key.

Alanis Morisette



You can see from this album art that shes not the center of the piece and you don't see her face fully. There are a range of different effects on the album covers as she isn't the center and she has presented herself in a particular way to create an image which is suitable to the specific audience. Rather than looking at her body a key focus is her face and shes presented in a beautiful mannor rather than a way which presents her as sexy. Her name is seen clearly while the name of the album isn't the center of the piece, which helps me when I am creating my album. She has two names which I think is important feature to these artists and I will need to take into consideration when creating my artist name and image.

Imogen Heap



Her album covers have similar charactersitics as Alanis. There are different effects which are used within the album and she isn't looking at the camera either. It focus's on differet aspects. While the first album creates an unusal image for her but it is related to the music genre which is what I hope to portray in my album cover art.
I like the effects which have been used in the last two albums as they are similar. Black and white with little colour. I would like to try this effect and create an image based on a picture where I am not the center of the album to match the genre which I am appealing to.

KT Tunstall



Now KT Tunstall has different album covers they similarly are in black and white; showing the effects and they aren't focused on her body and focus on the image which she is presenting. Her name is clearly shown and the name of the album is seen. This is different to the two other artists, I think this is because she is a more current artist and is more recent having her albums released in the past ten years.

But I think that I would like to present my artist more similar to Alanis because I think her image is created more clearly and more appealing to the target audience which I am appealing to.

0 comments: